Sunday, June 8, 2008

Summer in Colonial...

Welcome to the tour of my CLS.
(Current Living Situation) This is NOT my home.


It was suppose to be great. Clean apartments, great atmosphere, great ward, furnished with comfy couches and a new DVD player, wireless Internet, and close to campus.. Before we moved in.. all was thought to be well. Until.. we were assigned to apt. 606.. dun dun DUN! What we were told.. was wrong. There is no such thing as a clean apartment.. lets say more like.. filthy. The great atmosphere wasn't so great, "...there arose contention among them, even so that they did shed blood among themselves." -Mosiah 7:25. Ok OK maybe not shedding of blood but there is an extreme amount of contention. And I don't help any by adding to it. Anyways.. the great ward.. its ok. As for our apt being furnished, we had.. nasty bug infested couches that the cushions don't fit, a DVD player that is missing the yellow cord and the carpet in the front room has 2 iron burn marks in it. Stylish i think. The wireless, what a pain. I swear it never works. And close to campus...yes, but there is so much construction that, this isn't so true.


So here are a couple of pictures of the bathroom vanity and my room.. Enjoy.



The Bathroom Vanity










This side is Amber's, Laura's and my side. Oh so clean and free from any nasty incurable diseases. We don't even try and it stays clean. We use what we need and the put it away right after. Oh its so hard!










And this is their side. All though this is somewhat clean for what it can get to.. its still annoying. They love keeping drawers open, it one of their many talents.













Can you see the invisible line? Our side and their side. Its a wonderful place.


The Bedroom..
This would happen to me..






This is the side of the room that you see right when you walk into the room. I try to keep the door shut all the time. Aubrey likes to have her things in an "organized mess." This is a more mild day. If i would have waited a day or two.. nasty.



You see the dresser?.. She did offer the bottom two for me to use. But i didn't want to fight for them..because i know, against me and all the crap around it, i would lose.








Who knows what's under that bed. The sheets haven't been washed "since before the middle of last semester."













This desk is supposedly shared between the two of us.. mine is the left side, and hers is the right. I usually have to push her junk over so i can have some space.










The three drawers on the left are my only drawers.

The first is my school supply/junk drawer. The second is my sock drawer and the third is my chonie and undershirt drawers.








And this is my side. Not to be prideful or anything but.. its always clean and i make my bed every morning. See mom, you can have faith in those still live at home who are messy. Funny things happen when you get old..er and go off to school.











And under the bed is suitcases and 2 bags. I don't have a monster hiding under mine. And my sheets were just washed.











And last but not least, is the closet. Mine is on the right and hers is on the left. Of course i do my laundry once a week, unlike once every maybe 4 weeks. The first shelf is all my clothes and the top shelf is my pots and pans (they're not getting washed the way i want them to... they're still dirty even after being "washed." My laundry stuff is up there and also my other pair of bedsheets.


Coming Soon!!!

*The kitchen...
*The living room...
* Pictures of the accused
*and pictures of me, Amber, and Laura







2 comments:

Claire said...

WOW!!!! I'm AMAZED! you are clean...way to go. you're cleaner than I am and I think Carly would be proud! I'm sorry you have to go through the roommate business...I think it's a gateway to adulthood. But hey, think about this, when you get married, you'll only have to worry about ONE other person's junk and lol only have to nag them occasionally to get them to pick it up! :) Love you! Can't WAIT to see the kitchen!!!!

Wendy said...

AMAZING! I am so impressed with how clean you are! You should come to Yuma and teach my boys (all of them) a thing or two about being clean! Looks like you're having fun in ICEberg! I wish it were a little icy here. It's still so hot that we had to rent a hotel room when our AC died! CRAZY! your cousin Malcolm is in my ward now! Cool huh! well, I love you lots! Hope you remember who I am... you know that long lost "sister Horrocks"...